Put your best face forward with help from the team at SKN
It’s hot, damn hot! And as much as us Vancouver folk desperately love basking in the long-awaited sunshine as we cycle, beach, hike, yoga and drink the days away, this is a season when our skin is just as thirsty as we are.
If you’re looking to give your skin the sustenance it deserves, SKN Holistic Rejuvenation Clinic has your back or, um, your face. Innovative owner Amanda Beisel works and lives by the motto, “nourish your soul, feed your skin, nurture your body” and with a background as diverse as Traditional Chinese Medicine, cosmetic acupuncturist, superfoods expert, and shamanic seeker, the calm space she has created stands out as a sanctuary in which eastern medicine blends seamlessly with leading edge skincare. SKN is a haven for clients seeking a heartfelt experience and non-invasive treatments with real results.
Amanda is a self–professed research junkie and when she goes down the rabbit hole, the projects that emerge stand out amongst the fray. Whether we hearken back to her trademark invention the SKN Spin Dermal Roller (so unreal that that it was handed out in swag bags at the 2012 Emmys) or her latest obsession with “internals” such as Lotus Way plant and gem essences that work on your meridiens, SKN’s offerings go way beyond those of your average medi-clinic.
It’s sunny and gorgeous out so we talked to Amanda about how we can show some love to our parched summer skin. Her must haves include physical sunscreens that use Zinc Oxide and/or Titanium Dioxides, these protect a shield for our skin, and Vitamin C, which is a critical part of collagen stimulation and preservation and a potent anti-oxidant (check our giveaway to win yourself a package of her best C products)
We know we all have diverse skin care needs so we asked Amanda for her top SKN tips for the ages:
- In your 20s focus on exfoliation and services such as the Medi-Facial or Hydra-Facial, which are ideal for maintaining that dewy glow we all wish we had all the time.
- In your 30s and 40s it’s all about the Dermapen or as Amanda calls it, “cosmetic acupuncture on steroids.” It works with your skin’s natural healing abilities to stimulate collagen and prevents the skin from thinning out while releasing natural growth factors that maintain skin health.
- No matter our age, everyone should exfoliate on a weekly basis so that healthy skin is on the surface, not hiding underneath.
Ultimately SKN Holistic Rejuvenation Clinic is all about promoting self-love in all its forms—and what’s not to love about that?
Enter To Win
And speaking of love, Like Vancouver and SKN have partnered for a sweet giveaway: a $100 gift card for any service or product at SKN Holistic Rejuvenation Clinic and an Awakened Hydrating Serum + Illuminated Vitamin C Powder (value $138). Here is how to enter.
- Follow @LikeVancouver on Twitter and tweet the following: Win a $100 gift card for a service & serum from Vancouver’s @SKNclinic. Follow @LikeVancouver & RT to enter http://bit.ly/2sVRDNd (1 entry)
- Follow @LikeVancouver on Instagram, like and tag a friend on our SKN post (1 entry)
- Like Like Vancouver on Facebook then comment and tag a friend on our SKN post (1 entry)
Contest runs from now until July 21 at midnight (PT). A winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries.
SKN Holistic Rejuvenation Clinic
#150 – 1522 Mainland Street